We had quite an early tea tonight because we’d been out all day and were starving by the time we got home. Consequently it got to about 9.30pm and we were hungry again so i raided the cupboard and knocked up some cookies!
Most baking is pretty precise which appeals to the scientist in me but sometimes it’s fun to just chuck it all in and see what happens. You will notice that the quantities in this recipe are vague to say the least but that’s half the fun of it. I’ve made them a few times and they’ve never failed to taste amazing!
Ingredients (makes about 20 cookies)
Most of jar of Nutella
Pinch of salt
Self raising flour
how to make them
1) mix the Nutella, eggs and salt.
2) gradually add 2 parts flour and 1 part sugar until the mixture is soft but definitely not runny.
3) use a couple of teaspoons to dollop generous blobs of mixture onto a couple of baking trays.
4) put them in the oven at 180°C for about 8 minutes
5) let them firm up on the tray for a bit then move the cookies to a cooling rack (or, as we did, eat then warm!)
6) eat and enjoy!